Boundaries are 84th to 104th, Federal Boulevard to Pecos Street
Federal Heights was incorporated in 1940 by its then 31 residents in response to concerns about water. It became a city in 1977 and grew by annexation and population. The City now encompasses 1,775 sq. miles and is home to approximately 12,000.
At one time it was home to a very busy airport. Federal Heights Airport was located on land now known as W. 100th and Federal. It had 4 runways, and was the first privately owned airport in Colorado. Built in the 1930?s by Harry Ruston, it was a training ground for hundreds of pilots during World War II. It operated until 1961 when it was forced out of business by Jefferson County Airport.
Located in Adams County, Water World, one of the biggest water parks in the State is located in Federal Heights.